Friday, March 19, 2010

Grilled Marinated Artichoke Hearts

Here is a fast way to spruce up pasta night. Grab a few whole marinated artichokes from the olive bar and split them lengthwise with a sharp knife. (I think the large ones with the stem attached are prettier.) I found these at The Fresh Market. Throw them cut-side-down into a hot cast-iron grill pan. Allow them to cook for about 3-4 minutes per side or until they are nicely marked and heated through. Place them atop any simple pasta recipe with some chopped parsley and shaved parmesan. There you have it! In three minutes, you've gone from plain ol' spaghetti to pasta with grilled artichoke hearts.

I'm excited to announce that The Chubby Vegetarian (www.thechubbyvegetarian.com) is featured on 101 cookbooks' list of favorite websites. I consider it an honor. Click HERE to view the entire list.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, that looks so yummy!

Mrs.Personality said...

Congratulations on the nomination (or is it a win) for the cooking website. Next stop - book deal! Good for you!

Jay M. said...

As it should be! Your recipes, details, and photos kick the crap out of a lot of other sites. Congrats!

I'm a dedicated carnivore, but I find myself fishing through your older posts all the time for new dishes I know will be awesome.

Congrats!

The Chubby Vegetarian said...

Aw, thanks, you guys!

Louvregirl said...

Nice; I would like to eat this!